The Retirement Industry Trust Association (RITA)
RITA is a professional trade association dedicated to the expansion of opportunities for all Americans to save and invest for retirement. Founded in 1987, our association is comprised of regulated banks, trust companies, and industry-related professionals. We exist to be the leading educator and advocate for the self-directed retirement plan industry by providing resources, information, communication, and support to both our members and consumers.
- Access to our Members Directory of retirement industry professionals who seek high ethical standards and adhere to RITA’s best practices and requirements.
- Free, easy-to-understand educational materials covering relevant topics such as investor awareness, senior fraud prevention, and the need for diversification in IRAs.
- Custodians that offer a wide variety of alternative investments for retirement accounts, including real estate, precious metals, LLCs, tax liens, promissory notes, and both non-publicly and publicly traded securities.
- The opportunity to feel informed, confident, and prepared for the future.
- An industry forum to educate members on guidelines for exceptional administration of self-directed retirement plans holding alternative assets.
- Unrivaled education and interactive training sessions via the IRA Institute and exclusive access to the only Self-Directed Industry Professional (SDIP) Certification.
- Dynamic conferences held twice a year with industry experts carefully selected to share the newest industry knowledge and insights.
- Advocacy for regulatory and legislative concerns that impact its members and the industry.